Thursday, April 30, 2009

Early Morning Sky

There was no golden sunshine in my early morning sky,

No soft rays of light to begin to illuminate my day.

The clouds of insecurity filled up the great bye & bye,

Thus causing my vast dismay.

 

Oh to know the true feelings coming from your heart,

These feelings of rapture sure to set me free.

In those feelings would my love find its start,

Kindled by a fire that is yet to be.

 

To take your velvet hand and place it in mine,

Instantly removing me from among the crowd.

The thought ere so sweet, so divine,

Of your love so rich and proud.

 

Let me be your protector, provider, & friend,

In this, you grant me my wings to fly.

And with this my journey can now begin,

With only you here by my side.

 

Hear the simple cries of this broken, defenseless man,

Whose love-scared heart, to you, now is shown.

Vulnerable, desperate is how I choose to make my stand,

Yearning to no longer be alone.

 

Scatter the clouds of doubt that ever block my way,

Lest my passion waste away & die.

Please grant to me but just one more day.

Won't you be the golden sunshine in my early morning sky?


-Jeff

3/26/06

No comments: